How to Send System Logs and or Diagnostics Files to the Halo Support Team Follow
If, while troubleshooting a connection issue, we suspect a potential issue with your Wi-Fi chip or another part of the collar, you may be asked to retrieve a System or Diagnostic log files/folder and send it to our Customer Support team for further analysis.
You will need your Halo Collar, the charging cable that came with your collar (or another USB-C cable), and a PC or Mac.
If you need help during this process, you can get live, one-on-one assistance in the Halo Dog Park at halocollar.com/dogpark OR in the Halo app at Settings > Live Help.
Follow the steps below:
- Make sure the collar is ON (press the power button once and the Logo light will start blinking)
- Observe/re-create the issue in question, if possible, by hand testing the collar.
- Press the ON button once again (short press) to create a new diagnostic file in the collar file system.
- Connect the collar to your computer with the USB-C cable.
- Shut off the collar (5-second press of power button; collar will vibrate three times; let go of the power button). This action will place your collar in low power mode so that it can be recognized by your computer.
- Open your “File Explorer" (Windows) or “Finder” (Mac) on your computer. Note that there should be a variety of folders on the leftmost side.
- You should see the collar appear as a USB “drive” in your File Explorer or Finder App (likely D: or E: on a PC or “noname” on a Mac). Double-click on the drive to open it. Inside, you will see folders named “log”, "logs", “config”, "FW", "sgee", and "diags".
- Attach (copy and paste) the "Log" folder to your email reply to customer support. These files are not very large so the email should be able to handle all of the files being sent in the folder. If not, then just attach the most recent files to the email.
- Next, attach the "Diags" folder which contains several .json files, to your email reply alongside the Log folder/files.
- If you already have an open ticket with Customer Support, then send as a reply to that email
- If you do not already have an open ticket, create one by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If submitting logs for more than one collar or if you have more than one collar on your account, then make sure to send each collar's files in separate replies with the serial number of that collar stated in the email. The files will not indicate which collar they came from.
- Safely eject the collar from your computer and resume using the collar by pressing the ON button to turn it on
Article is closed for comments.