- Perform a hand test to evaluate your Halo Collar's GPS accuracy and confirm where the Fence Feedback is being applied to the Collar
Note: If you are testing the collar's accuracy so that you can send us the data for analysis, you will need to take a screen recording - instructions are below (steps 3 and 5). If you are testing for your own understanding, the optional steps can be skipped.
Step 1: Prep Your Feedback Settings
Some settings are harder to recognize when hand testing, so we recommend writing down your dog's desired settings and then updating them to be 3 different sounds that are loud.
- Note: For the steps to adjust your Feedback settings, please reference this article.
Step 2: Prep Your App
- Ensure your phone's Bluetooth is enabled
- Open the Halo App and view your My Map tab.
- Tap on the Pet Card for the Collar you wish to test
- Note: While the Pet Card is open and Bluetooth is connected, you should now see the text underneath your dog’s name change to “updating live via Bluetooth”. For more information on the different types of connectivity, please reference this article.
- Once outside, Ensure Fences are on and synchronized
Step 3: Prep Your Screen Recording (Optional)
Step 4: Perform the Hand Test
- Make sure the collar is upright (speaker facing up) while testing.
- Make sure the inside label (QR Code) of the collar is facing you.
- Note: Only hold the collar on the left side (where the white label and QR code are). This is because the GPS antenna is on the right side, so holding it on the right may block GPS signals.
- Ensure that your phone is 2 feet (0.6 meters) from the Collar during the test
- Slightly shake the Collar to simulate a dog's movements as you walk around and go near the fence boundaries.
- Note: The GPS is calibrated to sense a dog's movements and results will be inaccurate if the Collar is held still when testing. We also recommend viewing your My Map screen via the Pet Card while walking to see where the Collar is showing on the map. If recording with the mic engaged, state out loud when you receive Feedback.
- Reinstate your dog's desired settings
Step 5: Sending for Analysis (Optional)
- Save the recording
- Open the Halo App
- Tap Settings
- Tap My Tickets
- Tap your current ticket
- Note: If you do not have a current ticket, tap the blue speech bubble in the bottom right to open a new one
- Tap the Paper Clip to upload your video to the ticket
- Additional instructions on how to share a larger video with a link using Google Drive, iCloud, or Dropbox are in the screen recording article in step 3 above.
- Write a brief description of your experience
- Tap the Arrow to send
- Note: The screen recording can also be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're here to help if you have any questions in our virtual Dog Park. This link will help with joining the call: How to Contact Customer Support