- Determine which contact tip size is right for your dog, and install the tips properly on your Halo Collar
- Halo Collar
Your Halo Collar comes installed with inactive, non-metallic contact tips.
For best results with your Halo Collar, we recommend that you install either the short or long contact tips to enable static-based feedback. The Halo Collar's static feedback serves two main purposes:
- During initial training, the contact tips will help to train your dog to respond to the warning-level Prevention Feedback, including sounds and vibrations.
- Soon, your pet will respond to just the sound or vibration warning as the primary prevention. However, the energy level of your dog may be high enough that—even for a well-trained dog—they become distracted and ignore a warning. The static feedback will overcome such significant distractions and may save your dog's life.
Note: If you are replacing your collar's contact tips, and your collar has a Halo Pro Case, you will need to remove the Pro Case in order to replace the contact tips.
- To remove the Pro Case, simply undo the Velcro fasteners and carefully remove the case. There is no need to undo anything on the Halo Collar itself.
- Once you follow the steps below to install the correct contact tips, replace the Pro Case on your collar and re-fasten the velcro to secure it.
In deciding whether to use the short or long contact tips, consider the length of your dog's coat:
- For dogs with thicker coats, use the long contact tips.
- For dogs with shorter coats, use the short contact tips.
Next, follow these steps to install the contact tips of your choice:
- Select the correct contact tip length for your dog's coat type.
- Twist the contact tips into the screw holes in the collar (see the figure below).
- Tighten each of the contact tips by hand (do not use a tool), and DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
- Place the Halo Collar onto your dog, ensuring that the contact tips are touching the correct position on your dog's neck.
|SAFETY NOTE: Only use a leash with the Halo Collar after installing the non-metallic contact tips. Do NOT use a leash with the Halo Collar if either the short or long contact tips are installed.|