How to Turn My Halo Beacon on or Off Follow
When viewing the list of My Beacons, you will now be able to see whether your Beacons are powered on (you will see how recently they reported), and also how much battery life you have remaining for each one.
Keep in mind that - after first turning a Beacon on - it takes up to 60 seconds for the Beacon to 'boot up' and begin to be detected by your Halo App and/or any Halo Collar.
For instructions on how to change the battery of a Halo Beacon, see this article.
To turn an Indoor Beacon on:
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the Beacon (requires firm 'squeeze') and hold down for 5 seconds, until the blue light blinks once with a single long blink.
- When you see the blue 'power' light long-blink one time, your Halo Beacon has just turned on.
To turn an Indoor Beacon off:
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the beacon and hold down for 5 seconds until the blue light turns on then release
- When you see the blue 'power' light blink 5 times, your Halo Beacon has just turned off.
To turn an Outdoor Beacon on:
- Open the Beacon by unscrewing the cap by hand
- Inside is a small white button on the side near the battery. Press and hold the button for 5 seconds, until the blue light 'ring' blinks once with a single long blink.
- Securely screw the cap back on by hand (keeps it waterproof)
To turn an Outdoor Beacon off:
- Similar process to turning it on; however, press and hold the same button for 5 seconds until the blue light blinks 5 times
To turn a USB Beacon on:
- Plug it into USB power (either the provided Wall Adapter, or a sufficient USB-A power source)
To turn a USB Beacon off:
- Unplug it from USB power
Article is closed for comments.