How to Edit an Existing Fence Follow
- Change the locations of the fence posts in your Halo Fence
- Halo App
If you need to edit a fence, there are two different methods you can use:
Method 1: Hold the collar in your hand and use the GPS to place the fence posts in the app.
Method 2: Drag fence posts to the desired location using your finger on the app.
We recommend Method 1 (collar-in-hand) to achieve the highest degree of accuracy.
To edit using the collar-in-hand/GPS method:
1. Make sure your phone and collar are connected via Bluetooth.
2. Take the collar off of your dog and hold it in your hand. Make sure the speaker is facing upward, and you're holding the collar from underneath, so as to not block the signal between the GPS antenna and satellites.
3. Click the "My Map" icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
4. Then click the blue "Find" icon - It is the circular blue icon and the first of the icons on the right side of the map.
5. Select the fence you need to edit. The fence you want to edit will come into focus and the Fence Detail card will be displayed on the bottom of the screen.
6. Click "Edit Fence Posts".
7. Tap the fence post that you would like to move. The selected fence post will be a circle filled in blue, while the other fence posts will be marked with small white circles.
8. Walk to where you would like to place the selected fence post.
9. Click the collar icon on the right side of your map. Select the collar you are holding and click "Done" in the top right corner.
10. Press the "Move" icon on the bottom of the map. This should move the fence post to where you are currently standing with the collar.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 for any other fence posts that you need to move. Click "Done" when you are satisfied with the location of your fence posts.
To edit using the in-app finger drag method:
- Click the "My Map" icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then click the blue "Find" icon - It is the circular blue icon and the first of the icons on the right side of the map.
- Select the fence you need to edit. The fence you want to edit will come into focus and the Fence Detail card will be displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- Slide the card up to access the fence edit tools.
- Hold your finger down on a post until you receive tactile feedback. Then, keeping your finger pressed, drag to the desired location and then lift your finger.
- Repeat this for each fence post you would like to move. Click "Done" when you are satisfied with the location of your fence posts.
Please remember to keep at least 15-20 feet (4.6-6.1 meters) of space between the perimeter of your house and your fence. This allows for your dog(s) to have ample room to move around the house without triggering the Halo Collar's Warning Feedback, which occurs when they move within 7-10 feet (2.1-3.0 meters) of the fence.
Below is a visualization of what this spacing might look like when you're setting up the fence in your Halo App.
Article is closed for comments.