Important note ONLY for users who used Beacons prior to the release of "My Beacons":
- If you have not added any Beacons to your account, your Halo will respond to all Halo Beacons.
- Once you add a Beacon to your account, your Halo will no longer respond to all Beacons and will only respond to Beacons on your account.
How to add a Beacon:
- Go to the Settings tab and tap Beacons, then Add Beacon on the next screen
- Make sure the Beacon you are adding is turned on:
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the Beacon and hold down for 5 seconds, until the blue light blinks once with a single long blink.
- When you see the blue 'power' light long-blink one time, your Halo Beacon is now turned on.
- If the 'power' light blinks 5 times, your Beacon is now turned off.
- NOTE: After turning on your Beacon, it can take about 30 seconds for your Beacon to appear on the list of nearby Beacons.
- Your phone will search for nearby Beacons, and any Beacons that are in range will pop up on the screen with their serial numbers.
- Note the serial number on the back of your Beacon; it should be something like "AC233F 852872".
- Tap the Beacon that you would like to add to your account
- Name the Beacon whatever you'd like, such as 'Beacon 1' or 'Living Room' or 'Office'
- Set the Beacon radius based on how large of a 'keep-away zone' you would like to establish. Your Beacon ranges can always be adjusted in Settings -> Beacons
- Note: The Beacon radius is spherical, not flat, which means that if you set your Beacon's radius to a high setting, it is possible for your dog to trigger Beacon Feedback when they are on another floor in your house. Keep this in mind when setting your radius.
Once a Beacon has successfully been added, your Beacon screen should look like this:
Follow the same process to add any more Beacons that you have.
For more general information on Halo Beacons, see the article "What are Halo Beacons?"