How to Change the Battery of a Halo Beacon Follow
- Remove the battery from a Halo Indoor Beacon once it has died and replace it with a new calculator-style CR2025 battery
- Remove the battery from a Halo Outdoor Beacon once it has died and replace it with a new CR2477 battery
- Halo Beacon
The Halo Indoor Beacon uses a replaceable calculator-style CR2025 battery. The battery's life expectancy is 4 months with normal usage.
1. Identify the loop at the top of the beacon - there is a small groove there where you can insert a thin blade such as a screwdriver or a knife.
2. Make sure the Halo logo is facing down and carefully pry the back casing off of the beacon using your selected tool.
3. Once the back casing has been removed and the battery is visible, carefully remove the battery and replace it with a new CR2025 battery.
The Halo Outdoor Beacon uses a replaceable CR2477 battery. The battery's life expectancy is 3 years with normal usage.
1. Locate the separation between the cap and body of the beacon.
2. Then, unscrew the top of the beacon to reveal the internal device.
3. Slide the old battery out of the holding plate and insert the new battery.
For more information on Halo Beacons, see the article "What are Halo Beacons?"
Article is closed for comments.