- Update your Halo Beacon
- Halo App
- Halo Beacons
- Make sure each of your Beacons is powered on.
- Make sure your phone's Bluetooth is enabled.
- Open your Halo App and go to Settings > My Beacons
- You will see this screen if an update is available:
- With your phone in hand, go near each Beacon and press the blue "Update Nearby Beacons" button in the Halo App.
- Any Beacons that are within Bluetooth range of your phone (~50 ft.) will be updated.
- If you have Beacons in different locations, go near each Beacon and repeat the same process to update them.
Our most recent Halo Beacon update makes Beacons faster and more reliable. The update increases Beacon transmission rate – so your Beacon(s) will respond 3x faster.
Due to increased transmission rate, updated Beacons will have reduced battery life. To save energy, we recommend that you turn your Beacon(s) off when not in use. After the update, you will be able to see the amount of time remaining on each Beacon’s battery by navigating to Settings > My Beacons.
After the update, you can expect more consistent performance from your Beacon(s).
- If you have any further questions and would like to speak to our live support team, please feel free to reach out using the following article: How to Contact Customer Support and we'll be happy to help!