- Collar is not performing a firmware update wirelessly.
- Halo Collar
There are a few potential reasons why your collar may not automatically download a wireless Halo Collar update.
Follow these guidelines to ensure that your collar downloads all new updates.
Note: When your collar is plugged into the charger and the battery light is blinking RED, your collar is downloading an update. Your collar's upgrade is complete once the battery light switches from RED to GREEN.
1. You need to charge your collar. Your collar being on the charger is one of the pre-conditions necessary for downloading an update. While your collar is charging, the battery light will blink green.
If your collar does not charge when plugged into the charger:
- Plug the collar in with the charging port facing upward. (Very Important)
- Hold the power button for 5~7 seconds (you should feel a vibration).
- Important: Do not move the collar during this process.
- Release the power button after you feel the vibration. The battery light will turn solid red. - When the battery LED turns off, the battery is off.
- Wait for the battery light to appear as a flashing or solid green.
- Push the power button for 1~2 seconds and then release. The battery light will turn solid green when the collar turns on.
- Remove the collar from the charger.
- If you are still having trouble at this point, please reach out to our Customer Support team in Halo Dog Park.
2. If your collar is running on version 01.00.68 or earlier (indicated by a lower version number), your collar must be connected to Wi-Fi while charging in order to wirelessly download an update. To upgrade your collar, you must either set up a Wi-Fi connection (then charge your collar), or upgrade using our Wired Upgrade process.
3. If your collar is running on version 01.01.18 or later (indicated by a higher version number), your collar can upgrade while charging and connected to Wi-Fi or LTE. If you do not have Wi-Fi set up and don't have access to LTE connection, then to upgrade you need to either bring your collar to an area with Wi-Fi or LTE service and charge it, or upgrade using our Wired Upgrade process.
4. Some home networks prevent Halo from upgrading, although the collar works otherwise. This may be an issue in your Wi-Fi router settings. If your collar is connected to Wi-Fi, but does not upgrade when placed on the charger, you can try to take your collar to a new location and connect it to a different Wi-Fi network to see if it upgrades while charging then.
If these steps did not help you to get your collar updated, please reach out to our Customer Support team in the Halo Dog Park.
If you have any further questions and would like to speak to our live support team, please feel free to reach out using the following article: How to Contact Customer Support and we'll be happy to help!