Why Won’t My Collar Update? Follow
There are a few potential reasons why your collar may not automatically download a wireless Halo Collar update.
Follow these guidelines to ensure that your collar downloads all new updates.
Note: When your collar is plugged into the charger and the battery light is blinking RED, your collar is downloading an update. Once the battery light switches from RED to GREEN, your collar's upgrade is complete.
1. You need to charge your collar. Your collar being on the charger is one of the pre-conditions necessary for downloading an update. While your collar is charging, the battery light will blink green.
If your collar does not charge when plugged into the charger:
- Confirm the outlet works by plugging another device into it. If that outlet does not work, try charging your collar in a different outlet.
- If that outlet does work, try plugging another device into your Halo Collar charger. If the charging works, that means your charger is not broken, and the issue resides in your collar.
- Look for dirt or debris inside of the collar's USB charging port. If it is possible you have dirt or debris inside, rinsie out the port with fresh water and then tap out the water. Then, allow the open port to air dry. Wait until the port is fully dry, then plug the collar in to charge.
- If this still does not work, perform a Power Cycle on the collar:
- Press and hold the power button for 5-7 seconds, until the collar vibrates three times. Release the power button.
- Let the collar sit for 10 minutes.
- After you have waited 10 minutes, quickly press and release the power button, and your collar should wake up and be ready for use.
- If you are still having trouble at this point, please reach out to our Customer Support team in the Halo Dog Park.
2. If your collar is running on version 01.00.68 or earlier (indicated by a lower version number), your collar must be connected to Wi-Fi while charging in order to wirelessly download an update. To upgrade your collar, you must either set up a Wi-Fi connection (then charge your collar), or upgrade using our Wired Upgrade process.
3. If your collar is running on version 01.01.18 or later (indicated by a higher version number), your collar can upgrade while charging and connected to Wi-Fi or LTE. If you do not have Wi-Fi set up and don't have access to LTE connection, then to upgrade you need to either bring your collar to an area with Wi-Fi or LTE service and charge it, or upgrade using our Wired Upgrade process.
4. Some home networks prevent Halo from upgrading, although the collar works otherwise. This may be an issue in your Wi-Fi router settings. If your collar is connected to Wi-Fi, but does not upgrade when placed on the charger, you can try to take your collar to a new location and connect it to a different Wi-Fi network to see if it upgrades while charging then.
If these steps did not help you to get your collar updated, please reach out to our Customer Support team in the Halo Dog Park.
Article is closed for comments.