While the Halo Collar is designed to be worn comfortably all day by your dog, it is important to remove it overnight to avoid skin irritation. If you leave your dog's Halo on them overnight, it may result in redness or ulcers in the area where the contact tips touch their skin.
To keep your dog comfortable in their Halo Collar, follow these steps:
- Remove the Halo Collar from your dog's neck each night
- This gives your dog's skin a break and allows you to charge the collar so it can be at full battery for the next day.
- Reposition/rotate the collar on your dog's neck a few times each day so the contact tips are touching their skin at a different location
- Make sure the collar is properly fitted to your dog's neck. Instructions for proper fit can be found:
- In the article "How to fit the Halo Collar onto my dog"
- In the Halo App under "Pet Training"-->"Positioning Your Dog's Halo"
- Check your dog's neck daily for any signs of redness or irritation, and if you find any, temporarily discontinue use of the collar until their skin has healed
Following these instructions will help your dog to remain safe and comfortable in their Halo Collar. Different dogs have different degrees of skin sensitivity, so be sure to monitor your pup's neck to avoid irritation. A snug fit is important to keep the contact tips from rubbing back and forth on your dog's skin, so follow the instructions in the article "How to fit the Halo Collar onto my dog" to ensure a proper fit.