It is important for your Halo's compass to be properly calibrated so that it can correctly identify changes in direction, such as when your dog receives boundary feedback and then turns around to head back to safety.
If you receive a push notification indicating that your collar requires compass calibration, follow the steps below, or watch this video on how to perform compass calibration:
- Go to Settings > Collars > Advanced Settings
- Before you begin, put the collar down at least 3 feet (0.9 meters) from your phone, or any other magnetic interference source, such as a PC, laptop, microwave oven, or other magnetic source.
- Tap the "Calibrate" button
- You will receive the following pop-up message: "Move away from interference, or re-calibrate by moving <Pet's name>'s Halo in a figure 8 motion."
- Without bringing your phone near the Halo collar, pick up the Halo collar
- Move the collar in a figure 8 motion for about 10 seconds until you hear the collar beep and vibrate.
- You will receive a push notification if/when your collar's compass is successfully calibrated.