It is important to enable your phone's Bluetooth so that you can get the most out of your Halo Collar and App.
A Bluetooth connection is required to access the following features:
- Viewing your pup's live, real-time location on the MyMap screen
- Instantly toggling Fences or Beacons on or off, without waiting for synchronization
- Instantly applying Manual Feedback to your pup
- Creating fences with your collar
- Adding a new Halo Collar to your account
- Adding a Halo Beacon to My Beacons or monitoring a Beacon's battery level
How to enable Bluetooth
Only one phone can be using a Bluetooth connection to your Halo at a time, so it will not work for both phones if two users try to connect to the same Halo via Bluetooth simultaneously.
- Open the Control Center and tap the Bluetooth icon so that it fills in Blue
- Open your device's Settings app, click Bluetooth, and make sure Bluetooth is toggled to ON
Make sure to always grant permission to use Bluetooth/location services if prompted.
- First, turn on your phone's location settings
- Go to Settings, type 'Location' in the search bar, locate the On/Off switch for Location, and make sure it is turned on
- Next, ensure the Halo App has location permissions
- While in Settings, type 'Halo' in the search bar and open Halo App settings
- Find location permission settings and make sure that location permissions are allowed, not denied
Make sure to always grant permission to use location if prompted.
For Android 12 or later: Location and Bluetooth permissions are separate, so you must ensure that both Bluetooth and precise location permissions are enabled.