- Your smartphone
- Halo App
It is important to enable your phone's Bluetooth so that you can get the most out of your Halo Collar and App.
A Bluetooth connection is required to access the following features:
- Viewing your pup's live, real-time location on the MyMap screen
- Instantly toggling Fences or Beacons on or off, without waiting for synchronization
- Instantly applying Manual Feedback to your pup
- Creating fences with your collar
- Adding a new Halo Collar to your account
- Adding a Halo Beacon to My Beacons or monitoring a Beacon's battery level
How to enable Bluetooth
Only one phone can be using a Bluetooth connection to your Halo at a time, so it will not work for both phones if two users try to connect to the same Halo via Bluetooth simultaneously.
- Open the Control Center and tap the Bluetooth icon so that it fills in Blue
- Open your device's Settings app, click Bluetooth, and make sure Bluetooth is toggled to ON
Make sure to always grant permission to use Bluetooth/location services if prompted.
- First, turn on your phone's location settings
- Go to Settings, type 'Location' in the search bar, locate the On/Off switch for Location, and make sure it is turned on
- Next, ensure the Halo App has location permissions
- While in Settings, type 'Halo' in the search bar and open Halo App settings
- Find location permission settings and make sure that location permissions are allowed, not denied
Make sure to always grant permission to use location if prompted (Android does not have separate permissions for Bluetooth and location).