- Send a System Log file from your Halo Collar to customer service so we can analyze your collar's data to identify and address any issues
- Halo Collar
- Your email
If you need to send us system log files from your Halo Collar to be analyzed, please follow the instructions below.
You will need your Halo Collar, the charging cable that came with your collar (or another USB-C cable), and a PC or Mac.
- Connect the collar to your computer with the USB-C cable.
- Open your “File Explorer" (Windows) or “Finder App” (Mac) on your computer. Note that there should be a variety of folders on the leftmost side.
- Make sure your collar is resting, with the USB port facing up (as in, the collar is upside-down)
- Long-press the power button on your Halo Collar (about 5 seconds), until your collar vibrates and your battery LED flashes RED a few times. Your Halo Collar is now in “low-power mode”, meaning that the core functionality is paused and the collar's data can be accessed.
- You should now see the collar appear as a “drive” in your File Explorer or Finder App (likely D: or E: on a PC or “noname” on a Mac) as a USB drive. Double-click on the drive to open it. Inside, you will see folders named “log”, "logs", “config”, "FW", and "sgee".
- You can submit the entire file named "Log" back to us if it is not too large to be emailed back.
- If you are unable to submit the whole "log" folder then you can submit individual files in the folder. Unless otherwise mentioned, the main file(s) you are looking for are named 1 of 2 things: 20201229_system (the lead in numbers are a date - December 29, 2020 in this case) or 20201229_system.log.
- Open the file. Once the file is open, go to the top left, click on "File", then in the drop down menu click "Save As", and add it to your "Downloads" folder. Once it is in your downloads, you can attach that file to the email. Alternatively, you can open the email that you are going to send to us and simply "drag and drop" the file into the email (it will place a copy in the email and the original will still exist in the folder).
- When the System log files/folder have been added to the email, you can send the email to us and we will pass the file(s) on to our Development team for review.
- Unplug the USB cable from the collar and then your computer.
- Turn the collar back on by pressing the power button for 2 seconds. The normal collar LEDs will blink.