|Notice - Halo Collar kits currently ship with one Halo Beacon, which is for indoor use and is not waterproof.|
- Halo Beacon
Halo Beacons are portable devices that can be placed anywhere (indoors or dry) to keep your dog from entering unwanted or unsafe areas. Beacons trigger alerts that act like any other boundary when your dog comes near them.
When the Beacon is active for your dog, it currently treats it like a ‘Keep Away’ zone. The Beacon applies a Prevention Feedback prompt to your pet when it moves into the area of the beacon. You can use the app to customize the Prevention Feedback your pet receives. Unlike Prevention Feedback from a Halo Fence, you will not receive a Notification if a pet triggers feedback from a beacon.
To turn a Halo Beacon on:
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the Beacon and hold down for 5 seconds, until the blue LED blinks once with a single long blink.
- When you see the blue 'power' LED long-blink one time, your Halo Beacon has just turned on.
To turn a Halo Beacon off:
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the beacon and hold down for 5 seconds until the blue LED turns on then release
- When you see the blue 'power' LED blink 5 times, your Halo Beacon has just turned off.
To replace a battery in a beacon:
Battery-Powered Halo Beacon from Kit (including the disassembled view)
The Halo Beacon from your kit uses a replaceable calculator-style CR2025 battery. The average life expectancy of the battery - under normal usage - is 4 months.
1. Identify the loop at the top of the beacon - there is a small groove there, into which you can insert a thin blade such as a screwdriver or a knife
2. Carefully pry the back casing off of the beacon using your selected tool
3. Once the back casing has been removed and the battery is visible, carefully remove the battery and replace it with a new CR2025 battery