Topics covered in this article:
- What is a Halo Beacon?
- How do I use a Halo Beacon?
- How do I turn on the Halo Beacon?
- How do I change the battery in the Halo Beacon?
|Notice - The kits currently ships with a Halo Beacon which is not waterproof.|
Halo Beacons can be placed anywhere (indoors or dry) to keep your dog from entering unwanted or unsafe areas. Beacons trigger alerts that act like any other boundary when your dog comes near them.
When the Beacon is active for your dog, it currently treats it like a ‘Keep Away’ zone. The Beacon applies a Prevention Feedback to your pet when it gets within the area of the beacon. You can use the app to set the Prevention Feedback your pet receives. Currently, the app will not receive a Notification if a pet triggers a beacon warning.
To Turn a Beacon Off:
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the beacon and hold down for 5 seconds until the blue LED turns on then release
- When you see the blue 'power' LED blink 5 times, your Halo Beacon has just turned off.
To Turn a Halo Beacon On
- Press down on the Halo Logo on the Beacon and hold down for 5 seconds, until the blue LED blinks once with a single long blink.
- When you see the blue 'power' LED long-blink one time, your Halo Beacon has just turned on.
To replace a battery in a beacon:
Battery-Powered Halo Beacon from Kit (including the disassembled view)
The Halo Beacon from your kit uses a replaceable calculator-style CR2025 battery. Use the disassembly view in the figure above to assist with battery replacement. The average life expectancy of the battery under normal usage is 4 months.