|Notice - Halo Collar kits currently ship with one Halo Beacon, which is for indoor use and is not waterproof.|
Halo Beacons are multi-functional portable devices that can be placed anywhere to support your boundary goals. We currently offer three types of Beacons: Indoor Beacons, Outdoor Beacons, and USB Beacons.
- Indoor Beacons can be used anywhere that is not exposed to weather conditions
- Outdoor Beacons can be used anywhere
- USB Beacons can be used anywhere that they can be plugged into an outlet
All of these Beacons have two functionalities that you can choose from: Keep Away and Ignore Fences.
The Keep Away setting is used to keep your dog from entering unwanted or unsafe areas. Keep Away Beacons trigger alerts that act like any other boundary when your dog comes near them.
The Ignore Fences setting is used to create a portable ‘Safe’ zone where your pup won’t receive Fence feedback while it is in range - regardless of whether its pet pin is inside or outside of a Halo Fence.
For more information on these settings, check out this article.
Each Beacon's settings can be customized, including the type of Beacon, the Beacon's name, and the size of the radius. Keep in mind that the Beacon radius is spherical, not flat, which means that if you set your Beacon's radius to a high setting, it is possible for your dog to trigger Beacon Feedback when they are on another floor in your house.
The 'My Beacons' feature allows you to add a Beacon to your account, name it, and set a custom radius which applies to that Beacon only.
Previously, your pup's Halo would respond to all Halo Beacons it would encounter.
- For existing users: If your pup's Halo is currently configured to respond to all Halo Beacons, it will continue to do so until you add a Beacon to your account in the Halo App. Once you add a Beacon to your account, your Halo will only respond to Beacons that are registered to your account.
- For new users: Your pup's Halo will only respond to Beacons that are registered to your account in the Halo App. If you have not added any Beacons to your account, you won't be able to turn Beacons on for your pet.
How should I use My Beacons?
My Beacons give you more freedom to determine where your dog can go!
For example, if you're using a Beacon specifically for training, then you might choose to keep that Beacon's radius small so that your dog only receives feedback when they are close to the Beacon.
Alternatively, if you are using a different Beacon to keep your dog out of an entire room, then you might set that Beacon to a higher radius so that your dog receives feedback at the doorway or throughout the room.
New Beacon Features
Once you have added your Halo Beacons to your account, you can ‘mute’ any one of them, and your dogs’ Halos will ignore them. As a reminder, each dog needs Beacons to be enabled for its Halo to provide feedback for any of your Beacons.
When viewing the list of My Beacons, you will now be able to see:
- Whether your Beacons are on (they will have recently reported), and
- How much battery life you have remaining for each one
You will now also receive low battery warnings for your Beacons.