|Note: You should complete the User Training in the Halo app under the Training tab before you begin training your dog. If you have completed this training, there is a lesson in your Halo App titled "Section 02: Halo Beacon Training - Beacon Training Part 1: Finding the Right Prompts" that will walk you thought setting up feedback.|
Topics covered in this article:
- What is a Prevention?
- What is "Warning Feedback"?
- What is "Boundary Feedback"?
- What is "Emergency Feedback"?
- What is "Good Behavior" feedback?
- What is "Return Whistle" feedback?
- What is "He's Heading Home" feedback?
- What is an Encouragement?
- How do I set/adjust the intensity level of corrections and encouragements?
- How do I send Prevention feedback or an Encouragement to my pet?
Important: Please note that warning feedback and encouragements are an important part of the Halo Collar behavior training and we strongly urge that you complete the Halo Collar Behavior Training section in the App before attempting to manually send warning feedback or encouragements to your dog. Additionally, as part of the Behavior Training, you will receive instruction to set the warning feedback to the minimum level required to get the appropriate response for your dog. It is important that these settings are utilized in conjunction with the behavior training.
Prevention feedback or warning feedback:
Warning feedback is a stimulus provided by the Halo Collar that occurs at three levels: audible, tactile, and static. During initial training, static correction will more effectively train your dog to respond to the audible or tactile warning-level correction Soon, your pet will respond to just the warning as the primary correction. However, the energy level of your dog may be high enough that—even for a well-trained dog - that the dog becomes distracted and ignores a warning. The static correction will overcome such significant distractions and may save the life of your dog.
Encouragements are sounds that your dog will associate with "good" behavior. There are three (3) types of encouragements that are utilized in the training:
- Good dog: a sound that your dog will associate with good behaviors
- Heading home: reinforcement for good behavior after multiple unsafe behaviors
- Whistle: a sound that will teach your dog to return to you
- Click on the Training icon at the bottom of the screen
- Under the Pet Training section, select the pet you need to train. This will take you to the pet’s training screen.
- Click on the Settings link to access Encouragement and Prevention.
- Tap the down arrow on either Encouragement or Prevention to access the settings.
- Tap each individual correction or encouragement to adjust the settings.
How to manually send an encouragement or a prevention to your pet:
To send an Encouragement or Prevention from the My Map screen :
- Click on the My Map icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Press the blue Find icon on the app. It is the circular blue icon and the first of the icons on the right side of the map.
- Select the Pet profile you want to send an encouragement or a prevention.
- Click the Hand button to access the commands.
- Tap on the command you want to send to the collar.
- Click Close to exit the screen.