FIRST STEP: Remove the collar from the charger
Before placing the Halo Collar onto your pet, always remove it from the charger.
Topics covered in this article:
- How do I attach the provided strap to the Halo Collar?
Each Halo Collar is shipped with a Halo strap, which is made from an easy-to-clean, extremely durable material, and won't retain water, smells, or bacteria.
When you ordered your Halo collar, you chose a specific length strap to match the size of your dog’s neck. It should fit well to your dog's neck and require little if any adjustment. Please see fitting the Halo Collar to your dog for specifics on putting the assembled Halo Collar and strap on your dog.
To install the strap, follow these instructions:
- Fit and adjust your snap/clip-style strap to your dog’s neck before starting.
- Open the two retention loops by unscrewing the two thumbscrews and releasing that end of each loop.
- Slide the Halo strap into place and align the two retention holes with the contact tip locations on the Halo Collar.
- Close and secure both retention loops by hand-tightening each thumbscrew. Do not over-tighten, and do not use a tool to tighten these screws.
- Screw-in and secure the desired contact tips as described in select and install the contact tips.