- Add or remove a collar or a pet profile within the Halo App
- Halo App
Before you begin, be sure that your wireless network is turned on and you are in range of the WiFi signal. If you have not already downloaded the Halo app, please do so in the App Store or Google Play Store. Be sure your phone's Bluetooth is enabled so you can pair the app and collar.
Adding Your First Collar & Pet
When you download the Halo App and sign in, you will be taken through the Halo Onboarding flow to get your Halo Collar set up for use. These videos will show you how to pair your Halo Collar to your app, then assign the collar to your dog.
Here is an overview of the steps you'll be following in the Halo App to add your first collar and pet:
- Plug your collar in to charge in a location with a strong Wi-Fi or cellular signal – preferably near a window.
- Once your collar is fully charged (battery light transitions from blinking Green to solid Green), quickly and firmly press and release the Power button on the front of your collar.
- Your collar will wirelessly connect to your Halo App via Bluetooth.
- Add your pet and fill out some details for their profile.
- You can add your dog's name, choose a profile color, and add more details like breed, birthday, and weight.
- Connect your collar to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Allow your collar to update itself with real-time satellite position data, as well as any recent improvements from the Halo team.
- Follow the instructions to initialize your collar's GPS and prepare it for use.
- Add your Halo Beacon(s) to your account.
Adding another Collar to your Account
If you'd like to add another collar to your account, tap Settings then + Add New Collar. You will once again be prompted to follow the steps above.
Disconnecting a Collar from a Pet / Re-Assigning to another Pet
To disconnect your collar from a specific pet, tap Settings then Currently linked to (Dog's Name), then select Disconnect Collar From This Pet.
To re-assign your collar to another pet, tap Settings then Currently linked to (Dog's Name), then select Reassign Collar to Another Pet. If your new pet doesn't have an existing profile, select + Add New Pet in the top left corner.
Removing a Collar from your Account
To remove a collar from your account, tap Settings then My Collars and tap the collar you'd like to remove. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Delete Collar.
Editing or Deleting a Pet Profile
To edit or delete a Pet Profile, go to My Map then tap the name of the dog whose profile you'd like to edit. Expand that pet card and tap Edit Profile in the bottom left corner. Here you can edit the Pet Name, Profile Color, and Pet Details, or you can tap Delete Profile at the bottom of the screen.