Topics covered in this article:
- How do I add a collar?
- How do I add a Pet in the app?
- How do I add a second or additional collar?
- How do I remove a collar in the app?
- How do I delete a Pet profile in the app?
Before you begin, be sure your access point in your wireless network is on and that you are in range of the WiFi signal. If you have not already downloaded the app, please do so in the App Store. Also be sure you have Bluetooth enabled so you can pair the app and collar.
Note: the collar is only able to connect to 2.4Ghz networks. Please consult your router instructions to make sure this channel has been enabled if you don't see any networks to choose from. Additionally, the collar is not compatible with open networks or networks with web page authentication.
Follow these steps to add a pet and a collar:
Add a collar:
- After logging in to the Halo app, click the "Settings" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Add a New Collar link.
- Locate the QR code on the inside of the collar.
- Point the camera at the back of the collar and move it such that the QR code appears within the brackets on the screen.
Optionally, tap the Enter Serial Number link and manually enter the serial number on the back of the collar. You only need to enter the 12 numbers and letters. Do not enter the dashes.
- Click Next. You should get a message that you have "Successfully Paired with Device/Phone"
- When the success message appears, click Done.
- You will then be asked to "Connect Collar to your Wi-Fi".
- Choose your network.
- Enter your WiFi network password (if requested to do so).
- After a brief set-up screen, you will be asked to pair the collar with a pet or add a New Pet.
- Select your pet or add a New Pet
Add a Pet profile in the App:
- Click on the My Map icon on the bottom of the screen and then click on the blue "Find" icon on the screen. It is the circular blue icon and the first of the icons on the right side of the map.
- Select "Add Pet"
- To add a photo of your pet, tap the paw-print icon and then either (a) take a photo with your phone or (b) choose an image from the library on your phone.
- Tap into the Pet Name field and enter the name of your pet.
- Optionally, tap the colored circle to choose a color to associate with this pet. This will help you to differentiate between pets if you have more than one pet using the Halo Collar.
- Tap the Next button to continue.
- On the next screen, enter the breed, birthday and weight of your pet and click the Done link in the upper-right corner of the screen. All fields are not required - and you can skip this step by clicking Done directly.
- Tap the Next button to continue.
Assign the Pet profile to a collar
- You should see the collar you previously added. Click on it to add this collar to the Pet profile. You can only use one collar per Pet profile.
- If you did not add a collar to the app, you’ll get a status message. Please see above on adding a collar.
- If you have an additional collar for a 2nd pet to add to your Halo app account, tap the "Add collar" button.
- Optionally, you can tap the Skip link to get past this step.
- The Halo app should automatically recognize the QR code, and the serial number will appear on the next screen. Click the "Next" button to continue.
- The Halo app communicates with the collar using Bluetooth. At the prompt, choose OK to enable the app to use Bluetooth on your phone.
- After a moment, you should see a screen containing a message that the collar has successfully paired with the app through Bluetooth.
If you are unable to pair your collar, repeat the steps above.
To remove a collar in the Halo app:
- The collar should be "on" when you do this.
- Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the collar you are choosing to remove by clicking on it on the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window.
- Click on "Remove This Collar".
- Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking "Remove" in the pop-up confirmation.
- The collar should be removed from the screen at this point.
To edit a Pet profile or delete a Pet profile in the app:
- Click on the My Map icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Press the blue "Find" icon on the app. It is the circular blue icon and the first of the icons on the right side of the map.
- Select the Pet profile you wish to delete.
- Pull the information for that pet up by pulling up on the screen.
- Select "Edit Profile" in the lower left of the screen.
- Edit the profile and save it.
- If you wish to delete the profile, select the "Delete Profile" option in the lower left.