How to Charge the Halo Collar Follow
- Demonstrate how to properly charge your Halo Collar
It is important to fully charge the battery prior to the first use of your Halo Collar. Keep in mind that it takes about two hours to fully charge a fully depleted battery. The Halo Collar will only charge while within the temperature range of 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C). We recommend charging the Collar near a window to ensure that has a clear view of the sky to update properly.
- Plug the large, rectangular USB-A end of the cable into the Halo AC/DC charging block.
- Plug the AC/DC charging block into a wall power source that is a convenient location for regular, nightly charging.
- To charge the collar, access the USB-C receptacle/port on your Halo Collar by lifting the tab of the USB-C cover and rotating it out of the way (see the figure below). Do not unscrew the charging port cover.
- Insert the small, oval USB-C end of the charging cable into the port on the collar. (The orientation of the plug does not matter.)
- The status light will blink green as the collar is charging.
- The Halo Collar has a full charge when the status light turns solid green, and you may remove the charging cable from the Halo Collar.
The USB-C port is weatherproof, but it is important to keep the port clean. To prevent dirt build-up, be sure to replace the USB port cover on the collar each time you remove the charging cable.
Article is closed for comments.