It is important to fully charge the battery prior to the first use of your Halo Collar. Keep in mind that it takes about two hours to fully charge a fully depleted battery.
Temperature range: The Halo Collar does not charge when outside the temperature range of 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F).
Follow these steps to charge the Halo Collar:
- Plug the large, rectangular USB-A end of the cable into the Halo AC/DC charging block.
- Plug the AC/DC charging block into a wall power source that is a convenient location for regular, nightly charging.
- To charge the collar, access the USB-C receptacle/port on your Halo Collar by lifting the tab of the USB-C cover and rotating it out of the way (see the figure below).
NOTE: Do not unscrew the charging port cover.
- Insert the small, oval USB-C end of the charging cable into the port on the collar. (The orientation of the plug does not matter.)
- The status LED will blink green as the collar is charging.
- The Halo Collar has a full charge when the status LED turns solid green, and you may remove the charging cable from the Halo Collar.
NOTE: The USB-C port is weatherproof, but it is important to keep the port clean. To prevent dirt build-up, be sure to replace the USB port cover on the collar each time you remove the charging cable.