- Test the contact tips to make sure the static feedback is working properly
- Halo Collar
- If you would like to test the Halo Collar's static feedback on yourself to make sure that it is working, please make sure that you are touching both contact tips simultaneously when you administer the feedback.
- If you are only touching one of the tips, you may not feel anything. The tips need to both be in contact with a surface in order to properly emit the static feedback.
- We recommend that you test the static on a fleshy part of your skin, such as on your forearm or thigh.
- When you are testing, remember that the static feedback is not designed to be punitive or painful; it is intended to provide a tactile sensation, like a tap on the shoulder, that will get your dog's attention.
When you're ready to test:
- Select the Pet Card associated with the collar that you would like to test
- Access the Instant Feedback feature by tapping the blue and white hand icon to the left of your pet's name
- Put both contact tips against your skin. We recommend testing on your forearm or thigh. Do not use the palm of your hand.
- If static feedback is set as your Emergency Feedback option, then tap the 'Emergency' icon in the Instant Feedback screen, and you should feel the static output as long as both contact tips are touching your skin simultaneously.
- If you need to alter the intensity of the static output, swipe up on the Pet Card, then tap Feedback Settings in the bottom right corner. Tap Prevention, then Emergency Feedback (or whichever level of feedback you have static set for). Here, you can slide your finger to adjust the static level between 1 and 15, for whatever intensity is most appropriate for testing or for your dog.
- If you change the setting for testing on yourself, please remember to change it back to the appropriate number for your pet when you are done testing.