My Collar Is Not Charging (No Lights When Plugged In) Follow
- The green battery light does not light up when the collar is plugged into the charger
- Halo Collar
- USB-C charger
Often, if you charge your collar while the USB charging port is wet, it will disable the charger before it disables the device.
- Confirm that the outlet works by plugging another charger into it.
- If the outlet works, try plugging another device into your charger. If the charging works, that means your charger is not broken, and the issue resides in your collar.
- Look for dirt or debris inside the collar's USB charging port. If it is possible you have dirt or debris inside, rinse out the port with fresh water and then tap out the water. Then, allow the open port to air dry. Wait until the port is fully dry, then plug the collar in to attempt to charge.
- If this still does not work, perform a Hard Reset on the collar:
- Plug the collar up to its Halo charger.
- Place the collar on a flat surface with the charging port facing the ceiling.
- Hold the Power button for a full 30 seconds.
- You should be met with the battery charging light. Your GPS light will turn on and you should see the paw logo flash.
- Allow your collar to wake up (this could take up to 10 minutes).
- Please note: When a Hard Reset is performed, this will erase all GPS location data that has been saved to your collar. A GPS initialization will be required after this step.
- If you are still having trouble at this point, please reach out to our Customer Service team.
- If you are looking for information on how to power your Halo Collar on and off, please see this article.
- Make sure not to charge the collar when the charging port may be wet - this can cause collar functionality issues. Article: (Can I charge the collar when it is wet?)
Article is closed for comments.