Bluetooth Range Extension Follow
Our most recent Firmware update (Version 01.05.96) significantly extends your Halo Collar's Bluetooth range. Your collar will now be able to connect to your phone via Bluetooth from 2-3x farther than before.
What does extended Bluetooth range mean for you?
- You will be able to receive real-time collar updates on My Map from 2-3x farther than before – even if there is no internet connection.
- During hikes and walks, instant feedback will be more reliable because it's being sent instead over Bluetooth instead of over the Internet.
This firmware update will work for all phones and all Halo Collar models. It will not impact your collar's battery life.
Updating Your Collar's Firmware
When a firmware update is available, your collar will automatically download the update when it is connected to WiFi or cellular and is charging. Click here for full instructions on updating your collar's firmware.
To check what firmware version your collar is currently running:
- Open your Halo App and navigate to Settings > My Collars
- Select the collar for which you want to check the firmware version and scroll down to the “Collar Update” section
- Here, the App will tell you what version of firmware your collar is currently running (i.e. “Current version 1.03.37”) and if there are any updated versions available for download (i.e. “Version 01.05.96 is available”).
If the App says “Up-to-date,” then your collar is currently running the latest version of the firmware.
Please note that your collar will continue to work properly even if it isn’t running the most up-to-date version of the firmware. However, you should apply firmware updates at your earliest convenience.
Article is closed for comments.