Beacon Transmission Rate Update Follow
Our most recent Halo Beacon update makes Beacons faster and more reliable. The update increases Beacon transmission rate – so your Beacon(s) will respond 3x faster.
After the update, you can expect more consistent performance from your Beacon(s).
To update your Halo Beacon(s):
- Make sure each of your Beacons is powered on.
- Make sure your phone's Bluetooth is enabled.
- With your phone in hand, go near each Beacon and press the blue "Update Nearby Beacons" button in the Halo App.
- Any Beacons that are within Bluetooth range of your phone (~50 ft.) will be updated.
- If you have Beacons in different locations, go near each Beacon and repeat the same process to update them.
Due to increased transmission rate, updated Beacons will have reduced battery life. To save energy, we recommend that you turn your Beacon(s) off when not in use. After the update, you will be able to see the amount of time remaining on each Beacon’s battery by navigating to Settings > My Beacons.
Article is closed for comments.